About Me

My photo
Life on two acres of arid dirt, on the edge of the Australian outback.

Monday, October 13, 2008

Redback Spider

My husband discovered this large Redback while moving some rocks yesterday, he neally put his hand on it.
I am always finding these spiders especially on outside chairs, pushbikes and other daycare toys. I have to remember to check all the time.
I don't think their bite actually kills, but it will make you very sick. We also have black spiders similar to this, I call them black widow spiders.



Cooler weather here today, but hotting up again by Thursday and Friday.

The wind was so strong yesterday that it snapped off one of my young tomato plants. They are not big enough to stake up yet.



Wishing you a great day,

Tania

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments really make my day. Thank you for taking the time and for being so kind.